I hope your semester is going well. There are a few updates of which I wish to make everyone aware.
1. Professional Development- This fund started at $15,000 in September. Today the balance is about $3805. If there is anything you may wish to do, please send your applications in as soon as possible. We have funded 8 faculty members so far.
2. The 2015-2020 contract is in the final editing stages. We expect to have this signed before spring break and in everyone’s hands.
3. Save the date for an upcoming spring general membership meeting the first week of April. Tentative date and time is Wednesday April 6 at 6:00pm.
4. There are twelve (12) nominations for the 2016 Adjunct Teaching Excellence Award. It is wonderful to see so many of you nominated for the award!
5. For dues paying members, new AFT benefits booklets are being sent to your Ferris mailboxes.
6. If you have any membership questions or work related questions, the current Executive Board directory is attached. We are here to answer questions and help you with work issues.
As always, thank you for your service to the university, and for your work with our students. If I can be of any assistance to you, please contact me via email or phone.
Mary K. Bacon, MS, MT(ASCP)
President, Ferris Non-tenure Track Faculty Organization
Ferris State University
Dept. of Physical Sciences
820 Campus Drive, ASC 3019
Big Rapids, Mich. 49307
Phone (231) 591-2586