The general membership minutes for Dec. 7, 2011.
FNTFO General Membership Meeting
Dec. 7, 2011
20 members present
Called to order by Tracy Busch 5:12 p.m.
- Bargaining update: final best offer, little progress, not about to settle, put hours and hours into negotiation
- Told by admin they’d do more if no more actions
- Admin wants to see if we’ll stand together
- We make progress at bargaining table by organizational actions
Janice VanEck reports:
- Worked with meditator throughout semester
- Process of negotiation started previous fall
- Made lots of progress
- Focused on salaries, benefits and job security
- Haven’t agreed on job security
- Disagree with number eligible for benefits
- Fact finding isn’t binding and is an effective delay tactic for university
- Grade withholding
None of us want to hurt students.
Update on VanEck’s mistake: mentioned to students in class that they wouldn’t receive final grades EARLY due to possible union action.
Beth Reynolds reports:
- Occupy Wall St.
- Possible things we can do: display posters and signs, wear FNTFO pins and shirts, send out press releases, sit-in at president’s office, post video of sit in on YouTube, hand out info packets at Timme, grade action TBD, withhold final grades for Fall 2011
Motion carried by membership to allow leadership to determine possible action.