Ferris NonTenure-Track Faculty Organization
General Membership Meeting Feb. 27, 2014
Called to Order 5:10 p.m. by Anna Rizzo
Guest Speaker Gitte Hansen
Need help in the following areas:
- Candidate for the vice president (see union constitution for duties)
- Union stewards (collect information from your area members – be the person who knows the contract and can answer questions from members in your area – would talk regularly to 6-8 people in your college or department.
- Nominations for Academic Senate
- Additional Grievance officers – these people are the people that negotiate problems with the contract; since the union has started, grievance officers have already helped save jobs!
- Review contract and suggest changes – if you want changes to the contract, review it and let us know. There will be a contract review meeting March 25 at 5 p.m. in Science 136.
Discussed the following concerns:
- Accurate information from the administration regarding members
- Collecting dues/fees from members – approximately 40 not paying and will be sending certified letters
- Need treasurer training from AFT as well as additional officer training
- Upcoming contract negotiations
- Discussing possible grievances/contract issues with administration
- Need for More active membership
Assigned sections of the contract for review to members/volunteers present.